Friday, April 18, 2008

Austin Garden Tour

Whew! It's Friday...it's been a very busy week! I checked my field plots in Georgetown on Monday and I'm doing another check this afternoon; I did a three hour CEU training for city employees; I took a great bead class the past two days with Andrea Guarino-Slemmons and tomorrow is the Master Gardener Home Tour. I get the pleasure of hanging in Patty Leander's yard to talk about bugs (pests, beneficials or whatever problems you're having in your yard). If y'all have the opportunity, attend the Garden Tour and you'll have the opportunity to see a variety of wonderful local gardens! I've been to Patty's before and I can tell you that it's the most amazing vegetable garden I've seen. I can only aspire to someday have a tenth of the vegetable garden she has....it's amazing...they have raised beds, make their own compost, test new varieties of veggies to see how they grow in Travis County.

The Garden Tour has 7 gardens to visit with people at each location to talk about a variety of topics ranging from rainwater collection to bulbs in Central Texas to installing drip irrigation. For more information, go here:
http://www.tcmastergardeners.org/what/gardentour.html

As for me....I'm off to kick some fire ant mounds!

No comments: